Our Business and Finance Group is recognized as one of the most experienced in the region. Whether you are executing a strategically critical transaction or simply updating your standard forms, you will have the full attention of an experienced lawyer who asks insightful questions about key issues, who commands a spectrum of ways to engineer contract terms to address the issues specific to your business, and who knows how to negotiate – and how to close – to achieve your objectives.
Our attorneys understand that the decisions companies make during the early stages of their development can have a lasting impact on their ongoing performance. We provide guidance in all stages of a client’s lifecycle, from the choice of entity to developing and implementing an exit strategy. Our attorneys regularly advise new companies to determine the optimal legal structure, including risk mitigation, tax efficiency, capital structure, financing, and administrative and governance issues.
We believe we can be most helpful and cost effective if clients develop an ongoing relationship with the Firm that enables our lawyers to grasp the entirety of the business and its unique challenges. Our lawyers develop a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses — both big picture and the day-to-day issues they face. And, because the majority of our clients do not have in-house counsel, we regularly work directly with our clients’ senior managers and decision makers to provide advice and counseling that is not purely legal in nature.
As our clients grow, we regularly counsel them on:
- Debt and equity financing
- Succession issues affecting both ownership and management
- Operational transactions (including preparation and negotiation of purchase, leasing, distribution, and sales representative agreements; patent, trademark, software, and technology licensing; and business venture, consulting, and employment agreements)
- Employment and independent contractor issues
- Shareholder and partner relationships
- Tax planning
- Real estate issues
- Regulatory compliance
- Business disputes