Managing a workforce is a complex and demanding endeavor. Each day employers make a myriad of decisions that implicate and are guided by local, state, and federal employment laws. Kleinbard’s employment law attorneys bring a deep understanding of our clients’ operations to provide guidance on the issues that arise in the management of their employees. Our attorneys also represent public and private sector clients in a broad range of employment-related litigation before federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies.
In today’s business environment, it is also critical that employers maintain written policies and procedures, including employee handbooks that set clear rules and guidelines for their employees. Our attorneys assist companies and organizations in the preparation of employee handbooks, manuals, and agreements concerning their workforce. We also stay up to date on the changes and amendments to myriad of federal, state, and local laws impacting the workplace. We then work with our clients to ensure that they are in compliance with the ever changing laws and develop the appropriate policies to help avoid costly litigation practice.
In addition, the firm is often called upon to aid in structuring and negotiating employment, change-of-control, separation/severance arrangements, and equity arrangements. In this capacity we are frequently requested by public company compensation committees or public company in-house counsel to act as independent counsel to the company’s senior management.
- Employment litigation in federal, state and local tribunals and administrative agencies.
- Advise on workplace health and safety matters
- Develop and enforce anti-discrimination and sexual harassment policies, as well as internet, cellular phone, computer, and social media policies
- Conducting workplace investigations, including when harassment claims are made
- Provide guidance on employee discipline and termination matters
- Advise on discrimination or other claims asserted by employees
- Drafting and negotiating the related confidentiality and transfer agreements involving intellectual property disclosed to or created by employees as well as the restrictive covenants necessary to protect our clients’ important assets.