Kleinbard’s attorneys provide extensive transactional legal services to private equity investors and portfolio companies throughout the transaction process. From term sheets and letters of intent, to drafting and negotiation of definitive agreements and closing documents, we strive to understand the business and its operations, anticipate our clients’ needs, and provide timely responses.
We advise investors on the appropriate structure for their investments and represent investors and portfolio companies in a variety of acquisition and sale transactions. In addition, we have also represented various committees of the boards of directors of portfolio companies in conducting internal investigations. When we represent sellers in private equity transactions, we help our clients minimize their liability after the transaction and provide advice and counseling on the often complex investment, employment, and executive compensation issues that often affect senior management of portfolio companies.
- Representing private equity funds in the acquisition and sale of their portfolio companies
- Representing issuers and acquirers in preferred equity rounds A, A-1, B, B-1, and C
- Structuring mezzanine debt arrangements, with or without warrants
- Negotiating leveraged buyouts
- Overseeing minority investments, majority investments with rollovers, and recapitalizations
- Executing “tuck in” acquisitions on behalf of portfolio companies
- Advising investors on liquidity transactions
- Advising portfolio companies and their senior managers in sales to private equity funds and their ongoing dealings with those funds after the sale