Michael A. Frattone
Michael is a managing partner of the Firm and partner in the Business and Finance Department. He practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions (representing sellers and buyers), corporate and real estate financings, corporate restructurings, venture capital investments, joint ventures, and executive compensation.
Michael has extensive experience in the mergers and acquisitions area representing buyers and sellers in asset- and stock-based transactions. He regularly represents and counsels many newly formed and middle market businesses with respect to their transactional and operational needs.
In addition, Michael represents one of the largest communications holding companies in the world, with portfolio companies in infrastructure sectors such as cellular and broadcasting towers, rooftop and distributed antenna systems (DAS), and fiber and data centers.
- Represented the management team of Digital Bridge Holdings LLC (“Digital Bridge”) in connection with the acquisition of Digital Bridge by Colony Capital, Inc. (NYSE: CLNY) (“Colony”), a leading global investment management firm, for $325 million. In connection with the Colony acquisition, represented Marc C. Ganzi, a founder and Chief Executive Officer of Digital Bridge, in connection with his employment agreement to become the CEO of Colony, succeeding Thomas J. Barrack, Jr.
- Represented DataBank, a leading provider of enterprise-class data center, connectivity and managed services, in connection with Colony Capital’s (NYSE: CLNY) $185 million investment into DataBank through the purchase of secondary equity interests from existing investors Edgewater Funds and Allstate.
- Represented Digital Bridge Advisors, LLC (“Digital Bridge”) in connection with raising $800M to fund the acquisition of Etix Group S.A of Luxembourg, as well as the development of new greenfield hyperscale data center campuses in Frankfurt, Berlin, Milan, Zurich and Warsaw, Poland.
- Served as lead fundraising and investment structuring counsel for Digital Bridge Holdings, LLC in multiple initial and growth capital raises totaling over $2 billion from a broad range of domestic and international investors, including family offices, investment advisors, private equity funds, public and private pension funds and strategics.
- Represented PCSTrac, Inc. and Progressive Computer Services, Inc. in connection with sale of substantially all of the assets of their business to Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (NASDAQ:DSGX).
- Represented a private equity-backed consolidator of veterinary hospitals in connection with over 50 acquisitions.
- Represented the management of Global Tower Partners in connection with the merger of the company into American Tower Corporation for an enterprise value of $4.8 billion.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2013-present)
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Most Effective Deal Maker, The Legal Intelligencer (2020)
- Distinguished Leader, The Legal Intelligencer (2022)
- Board of Directors, The Philadelphia Athletics Youth Sports Association
- Member, Lloyd Hall Advisory Council
David Hyman Quoted in The Philadelphia Business Journal on the Possibility of Michael Nutter Running for Philadelphia Mayor