Kleinbard’s Business & Finance attorneys work hard to understand our client’s current and long-term business goals and develop legal solutions to fit their needs. However, even a business with the most refined plans, policies, and arrangements can find itself face-to-face with a legal dispute. Kleinbard’s Litigation attorneys regularly represent shareholders, stockholders, and corporations, members of boards of directors, limited partnerships, general partners, and individuals in a wide variety of complex litigation.
Our representations include those arising from failed negotiations for the creation of businesses, business break-ups, and buy-outs. We work closely with both minority and majority shareholders to protect their rights against claims arising from fellow shareholders, partners, and third parties.
We recognize that when a company is involved in a business dispute, it can have a significant impact on their ability to effectively run day-to-day operations. So, when a challenge arises, our litigators are fully prepared to jump in to help secure a favorable outcome. Regardless if a solution is best reached in the boardroom or in the courtroom, our attorneys keep our client’s interest top of mind and pursue the appropriate strategy to yield advantageous and lasting results.
- Formation and dissolution of business entities
- Corporate governance issues
- Employment agreements, including non-competition agreements, non-compete agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Insurance coverage
- Breach of fiduciary duty and/or agency relationship
- Business or commercial civil fraud
- Business defamation
- Fraudulent inducement to enter contracts
- Negligent and intentional misrepresentation
- Tortious interference with contracts and business relationships
- The Civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)