Mark E. Seiberling
Mark is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department and is a member of the Government Relations and Political Law Groups. He currently practices primarily in the areas of complex commercial litigation, appellate litigation, Right-to-Know Law, education, and white collar criminal defense and internal corporate investigations. He regularly represents individuals, private companies, public entities, schools, and religious groups in a variety of civil, criminal, and government enforcement actions.
In addition, Mark has extensive experience appearing before federal and state trial courts and has successfully provided appellate arguments in various courts. He has provided representation on a number of high-profile matters that garner attention from the general public and numerous media outlets. Such matters include the representation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Greensburg, which were both included in the grand jury report on child sex abuse in Catholic churches.
Mark’s familiarity with the courts extends back to when Mark served as a law clerk for the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Throughout his legal career, he has been recognized by various organizations and outlets, including being named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer in 2015 and named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer since 2018. He also has hosted a number of continuing legal education programs on the Right-to-Know Law.
- Represented the Pennsylvania Senate Majority Caucus in challenge involving scope of Governor’s authority during COVID-19 pandemic
- Filed challenge in Commonwealth Court regarding scope of privilege afforded religious leaders
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Appointed by the Governor to the Pennsylvania Joint Committee on Documents
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2018-present)
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2012-2017)
- Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Legal Intelligencer (2015)
- Pro Bono Roll of Honor, The First Judicial District (2015)
The Center City District recently completed a comprehensive report on Philadelphia’s Greater Center City housing trends. Here are the key points from the study
March 24, 2023
Bill Hussey Named a Member of the Nationwide Gift Planning Advisor Council of the American Cancer Society
March 14, 2023