A critical concern of our clients is the protection of their confidential and proprietary business information and the safeguarding of their customer and employee relationships. Our lawyers have extensive experience in helping clients protect and develop the full value of their intellectual property by prosecuting and defending high-stakes disputes over patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets. We routinely appear before federal and state courts, government agencies, and arbitration panels where complicated information is distilled and resolutions are achieved.
We represent companies across industries in disputes relating to copyright and trademarks infringements, unfair competition actions, e-commerce, franchise, and technology disputes, and employment-related litigation IP matters. Our lawyers also have extensive experience in state and federal court litigation involving trade secrets and restrictive covenants, and employ a comprehensive understanding of the laws and issues governing these topics. We regularly represent our business clients in actions against former employees and principals, or by prospective buyers of businesses, to enforce violations of restrictive covenants; to preserve trade secrets; and to recover damages for any unauthorized violation of nondisclosure agreements or restrictive covenants.
We understand that the protection of know-how and trade secrets also arises in a variety of transactional contexts. Working closely with our team of Business & Finance attorneys, we are able to document and preserve service agreements, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other collaboration arrangements and refer to them should a dispute come to fruition. Our litigators regularly resolve trade secret, unfair competition, and non-compete disputes in highly competitive industries such as securities trading and brokerage. Regardless of the issue at hand, our attorneys are well positioned to provide clients with advice on the best practices to avoid such disputes, or to resolve them in a cost-effective, streamlined manner.
- Defending individuals and groups against actions alleging misuse of confidential information by former employees or business partners
- Litigating claims of misuse of trade secrets or confidential business information, either as a plaintiff or defendant
- Assisting clients in disputes involving confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements (including those with consultants, customers and suppliers)
- Resolving violations of proprietary information and inventions agreements
- Disputing issues with employment, separation, and restrictive covenant agreements