Howard J. Davis
Howard is the Chair of the Firm’s Business and Finance Department. He represents clients in a broad range of transactions and acts as outside general counsel to numerous middle market and start-up companies.
Howard has an extensive background in representing buyers and sellers, investors, and issuers in mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures and strategic alliances; and corporate finance transactions. During his more than 35 years of experience, he has been involved in more than 400 such transactions ranging from small seed capital investments to billion dollar dispositions.
Howard also is a trusted advisor to numerous middle market companies across a broad range of industries in his capacity as outside general counsel. In addition to handling their transactional needs, Howard advises these clients in connection with business divorce, business organization, corporate governance, commercial contracts, executive compensation, legal strategy, and succession planning.
- Represented wireless tower development companies in numerous domestic and international transactions including acquisitions involving hundreds of telecommunication towers and sites as well as telecommunications development and management agreements in significant buildings and venues, including Washington Nationals Park.
- Represented a private equity-backed veterinary consolidator in more than 50 acquisitions of veterinary hospitals.
- Represented some of the nation’s largest electronic security and life safety companies in acquisitions and financings.
- Represented a founder of a technology company in connection with a seed capital financing.
- Represented a shareholder in a family-owned business in a transaction that allowed the client to avoid costly litigation in an ongoing family dispute.
- Advised several cable services companies on their national roll-out of alarm and home automation services.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Best Lawyers in America (2015-2022)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2005-2007, 2011-2021)
- “Young Leadership Award,” The Federation of Jewish Agencies (1991)
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Co-Chair, Policy Committee, Committee of Seventy
- Chair, Board of Trustees, and Member, Executive Committee of Abramson Senior Care
- Board of Trustees, The Federation of Jewish Agencies of Philadelphia
- Big Brother, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Southeastern Pennsylvania