Kleinbard has a national practice in the electronic security alarm industry, which provides a broad range of legal services and business planning and consulting services.
The Firm has extensive experience in all facets of the industry, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and sales of security alarm companies;
- Employment matters such as best practices in hiring and firing; HR matters; personnel policies/manuals; employment agreements; non-compete agreements; and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws;
- Customer, vendor, and reseller contracts;
- Financings, including senior and mezzanine debt and equity;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Tax planning;
- Federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations, including state and municipal licensing and federal, state, and municipal consumer protection laws and regulations;
- Advisory board and business succession planning services; and
- Litigation, including general business disputes; disputes related to M&A transactions, unfair competition, and enforcement of non-compete agreements; defense of liability claims; and insurance coverage disputes.
Examples of recent successes in the security alarm industry include:
- Representing borrowers in successfully obtaining financing from lenders who specialize in loan transactions to companies doing business in the industry.
- Representing buyers and sellers in successfully closing their respective acquisition/sale transactions.
- Assisting clients in the preparation of their respective businesses for sale.
- Assisting clients in first determining whether they are subject to state alarm licensing statutes and/or municipal ordinances on a national or regional basis, and then complying with state alarm licensing statutes and municipal ordinances where necessary.
- Representing clients in successfully negotiating information technology agreements, customer contracts, and vendor/provider/reseller agreements.
- Assisting clients in substantially growing their businesses.