Our clients have faced a wide range of tax planning opportunities and pitfalls. Representative projects in which our tax attorneys have recently engaged are noted below.
- Evaluation of tax shelter opportunities;
- Charitable gift planning;
- Building tax structures for holding second homes in Europe or the Caribbean;
- Planning to preserve capital gain treatment in a condominium conversion;
- Managing S corporation Triple-A accounts and Earnings and Profits;
- Capitalizing a limited liability company to reduce owner’s/officers’ exposure to self-employment tax;
- Maximizing non-taxable gifts by using defective grantor trusts; and
- Minimizing 1375 tax when an S corporation sold its business within 10 years of making the S election.