Even the most diligent employer will admit that employee lawsuits are a part of today’s business world. When a client faces a lawsuit from a current or former employee, our lawyers are prepared to provide the proper guidance and actions to protect their interests. Our attorneys represent businesses across a variety of industries in matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and compensation disputes.
In addition, we often represent insurers and policyholders in a variety of litigation matters related to benefit claims under life, health, and disability policies, as well as bad faith and fiduciary claims. We have also represented pension fund trustees on complex matters including withdrawal liability, valuation, and successor liability in bankruptcy.
We understand that each situation is unique and sensitive and work with our clients to understand each detail in order to determine the best approach to resolve the matter quickly and effectively. Regardless of the claim, our attorneys provide sound advice on all resolution options, including alternative dispute resolution solutions. We have significant experience arguing matters in state and federal court and before a number of administrative industries including, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, and the Philadelphia Commission of Human Relations.
- Defending employers against age, racial, gender, and disability discrimination claims
- Representing businesses in compensation issues, including wage payment and wage and hour claims
- Investigating whistleblower claims
- Settling agreement violations involving restrictive covenants, non-compete clauses, confidentiality, and trade secrets
- Examining and resolving sexual harassment claims from full-time, part-time, and contracted employees
- Litigating individual ERISA benefit claims under life, health, and disability policies, as well as bad faith and fiduciary claims