Kleinbard has worked extensively with clients in water-related industries, including companies that handle water, waste, and underground utilities and water treatment products and technologies. Our expansive experience in this industry allows us to offer our clients targeted approaches and solutions to the problems they face in their everyday business operations.
Our services to the water industry include the following areas:
- Business formation and counseling;
- Business divorce and reorganization;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Employment counseling;
- Employment litigation;
- Intellectual property protection and licensing;
- Commercial litigation;
- Insurance coverage;
- Restrictive covenants and unfair competition;
- Real estate; and
- Tax planning.
Examples of recent representations for our water clients include:
- Representing a water treatment equipment manufacturer in a joint venture with a supplier of anthracite located in the Pacific Rim.
- Representing a publicly-held water utility in successfully obtaining insurance coverage relating to property damage.
- Representing a private equity investor in acquiring a minority equity stake in a water technology company providing purified water to consumers.
- Successfully representing a natural waste management company in privatizing and improving a biosolids plant and managing and coordinating the process with two Mayoral administrations, City Council, the Water Department, and neighborhood groups.
- Representing a distributor of water treatment equipment in restructuring its various lines of business into different entities to minimize liability and facilitate outside investment.
- Representing a water treatment company in obtaining insurance coverage relating to the malfunction of the largest water treatment facility in Dubai.