The Firm’s attorneys have experience providing a broad range of services to a variety of clients in the hospitality and recreation industry. Included are services in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances;
- Real estate development;
- Employment-related matters;
- Counseling on intellectual property issues;
- Tax advice and counseling;
- Litigation (including general business disputes, partner disputes, and contractual disputes); and
Examples of our attorneys’ recent successes in representing clients in the hospitality and recreation industry include:
- Representing a Las Vegas casino and hotel property in claims against its insurer and insurance broker related to delays in construction and development of the property, resulting in the recovery of more than $30 million.
- Representing a hotel owner in disputes with its joint venture partner in the hotel restaurant, which included claims for breach of contract, business torts, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing a nationally renowned country club in connection with deferred compensation programs, executive employment agreements, and employment counseling.
- Providing intellectual property, licensing, and employment counseling and advice to a prestigious regional tourism and marketing agency.
- Serving as trustee counsel in connection with multi-million dollar bond financing for the expansion of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Providing tax structuring and business advice in connection with a limited partnership’s investment in a Caribbean resort project.
- Representing condominium developers.
- Representing a New York City developer in the acquisition of two Philadelphia buildings proposed for a hotel complex development.