Kleinbard’s lawyers represent clients in various sectors of the healthcare industry. The Firm’s depth and experience in its core practice areas of corporate transactions, business counseling, and commercial litigation have made it an intelligent choice for healthcare clients seeking advice for non-regulatory matters.
Our services for healthcare clients include:
- Acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures;
- Debt and equity financings;
- Employment counseling and litigation;
- Commercial litigation;
- Corporate restructurings and shareholder redemptions;
- Real estate purchases, sales, and leases/subleases; and
- Business formation and corporate governance.
Examples of recent matters handled for healthcare clients include:
- Representing a publicly-held home health company as its outside general counsel, including 25 purchases and sales of home health businesses, general corporate and contract matters, and all of the company’s bank and other debt financings.
- Representing an orthopedic surgery practice in its sale as well as in its equity in a physician-owned hospital and medical office building.
- Representing a healthcare architecture firm in state and federal court in a complex dispute with a former officer and shareholder arising from a proposed merger and involving multiple contractual and business tort claims including interference with contractual relations, misuse of confidential business information, violation of shareholder rights, and computer fraud and abuse.
- Representing a consolidator backed by private equity in four acquisitions of veterinary practices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland.
- Representing a healthcare information technology company in a multi-million dollar contractual dispute with a leading Fortune 100 medical products company.
- Representing a well-known healthcare consulting company in the Philadelphia suburbs in a variety of its acquisitions and sales of consulting practices and in several debt and equity financings.
- Representing a nationally-known eating disorders treatment clinic in connection with its senior debt facility.
- Representing a regional nonprofit mental health/mental retardation service provider in connection with various real estate acquisitions and financings.