Eric J. Schreiner
Eric is Chair of the Firm’s Litigation Department and Practice Leader of the Employment Group. He practices in the areas of commercial litigation, employment law, and insurance coverage.
Eric has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation, including business disputes, business torts, contract disputes, insurance coverage matters, and insurance bad faith litigation. In addition, he has represented both employers and employees in matters concerning restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, and trade secrets. This experience includes both counseling employers and employees on these issues and prosecuting or defending claims for breach of restrictive covenants, non-compete agreements, and confidentiality agreements, and for misappropriation of trade secrets.
Eric also has counseled employers on a broader range of employment issues and defended employers against discrimination and wrongful termination claims before administrative agencies, such as the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Philadelphia Commission of Human Relations, and in state and federal courts.
- Represented an insurance company that obtained a favorable judgment in a bad faith lawsuit after a bench trial.
- Represented a charter school that prevailed in an arbitration involving breach of contract claims against the entity that formerly managed the school.
- Successfully defended various employers against discrimination claims filed before the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a dispute with an agent involving claims of breach of contract and tortious interference with contract.
- Successfully defended client and obtained defense verdict after jury trial in case involving claims by former employee for violation of constitutional rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
- Successfully defended former CEO of company against claims attempting to hold executive liable for multimillion dollar judgment against company and obtained defense verdict for executive after bench trial
Board of Directors, Sky Community Partners, Inc.