James has experience in commercial real estate law and real estate finance and has represented clients in executing billions of dollars’ worth of complex commercial mortgage financings, mortgaged-backed securitizations and real estate-backed financing and repurchase facilities. Prior to becoming an attorney, James worked as a real estate sales and leasing agent in Philadelphia and then founded and ran a craft distillery based in Camden, New Jersey. James brings his hard-won practical business experience and deep knowledge of the real estate and beverage alcohol industries to bear on every transaction in which he is involved.
- Represented a major global bank in negotiating and managing a rapidly-growing portfolio of commercial real estate loan repurchase facilities with a variety of sophisticated counterparties and total lending capacity in excess of $4 billion.
- Core member of the securitization team representing one of the largest issuers of commercial mortgage backed securities.
- Worked on newly developing commercial mortgage finance structures involving direct-issuance of mortgage-backed securities.
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Wharton Club of Philadelphia
Recognition & Accomplishments
Claude M. Ballard Award for Real Estate Excellence
Jennifer Zegel Discusses Considerations for Incorporating Cryptocurrencies and NFTs into an Estate Plan in The Wall Street Journal