Christopher R. Sullivan
Christopher Sullivan is an associate in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. He concentrates his practice on assisting clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, leasing and financing. Chris is experienced serving as lead counsel on transactions and has represented developers, banks, government officials, non-profit corporations and companies ranging from small businesses to middle market and national companies. In this role, he frequently works cross-functionally with client C-Suite executives and in-house corporate, finance and legal departments.
A native of Harrisburg, PA, Chris began his career as a Deputy General Counsel in the Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel serving Governor Tom Corbett. In addition to his work on real estate transactions, Chris frequently serves as a child advocate through the Philadelphia-based Support Center for Child Advocates and volunteers his time as a coach with his children’s youth sports programs.
He resides in Haddon Township, New Jersey with his wife and two children.
- Represented affordable housing developers on multiple transactions in excess of $100 million.
- Represented non-profit corporations supporting Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education universities on multiple university student housing transactions in excess of $125 million.
- Represented regional developer in acquisition, development and subsequent divestiture of land to national residential home builder.
- Advised self-storage developer in acquisition and development of commercial properties.
- Advised business owners in multimillion dollar sale of agricultural business and related real estate.
- Advised regional banks in a variety of commercial business loans ranging from $10 million to $30 million.
- Advised agricultural company as borrower in approximately $6 million equipment loan.
- Represented gaming industry landlord in the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of various retail leases.
- Represented national company in negotiating commercial office space leases in multiple U.S. markets.
- Served as outside general counsel to a variety of small, middle market and national companies.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2017, 2018)
- Member, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor (2015, 2017)
Advocate, Philadelphia-based Support Center for Child Advocates
Jennifer Zegel Discusses Considerations for Incorporating Cryptocurrencies and NFTs into an Estate Plan in The Wall Street Journal