Marlene J. Bidelman
Marlene is of counsel in the Firm’s Real Estate & Finance practice. Mezzanine lenders, preferred equity investors and clients pursuing joint ventures rely on Marlene for assistance structuring commercial finance transactions involving the negotiation of mezzanine loan documents, preferred equity documents, intercreditor agreements and operating agreements. She also represents lenders, co-lenders and borrowers in real estate secured loan transactions, including resolving due diligence issues related to title, survey, environmental and zoning matters. She brings with her deep knowledge of commercial finance and real estate transactions, around which she has focused her practice for more than 20 years.
In addition, Marlene has experience advising domestic and foreign clients on state tax incentives and local county tax incentives and negotiating bonds for title and construction lending. She guides clients through partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, buy/sell agreements, contribution agreements, written consents, employment agreements and other authority documents related to formation, merger, conversion and dissolution of entities.
She also regularly acts as local counsel for clients in Tennessee, Georgia and Pennsylvania for commercial real estate secured loan transactions.
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Former Director, Board of Directors, Georgia Heirs Property Center (2019-2020)
- Graduate, Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law of 2009
- Former Trainer, Inclusion and Diversity Training
- Graduate, Springfield Leadership Institute Class of 2003
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Chattanooga Office (2003)
- Advocacy Excellence Award, Legal Aid of East Tennessee (2009)
- Volunteer, Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee, Pro Bono Attorney (Divorce)
- Past Chair, College Outreach Program for Diversity and Inclusion